Yield: 1 flowerpot
Greeting cards, personal photos, or magazine photos
White copy paper
One large piece of white craft paper
Small disposable bowl
White craft glue
New or clean used terra-cotta flowerpot, 9-in in diameter by 11-in high.
Plastic trash bag
Clear varnish spray
Glass container that fits inside flowerpot
Flowers of choice
1. Scan the cards and photos one at a time. Print out on copy paper.
2. Using the scissors, cut out each printed image.
3. Arrange the images on the craft paper to help you determine how they will best fit around the pot. Overlap the images to create a pleasing design and to ensure that the surface of the pot will be covered.
4. In the small disposable bowl, combine 1⁄2 cup glue with 1⁄2 cup warm water. Mix well using the paintbrush.
5. With the paintbrush, apply a thin coat of the glue mixture to the back of the first image and affix it to the pot. Gently smooth out any air bubbles. Repeat with each image until the entire pot is covered. Pieces at the rim of the pot should be folded over and adhered to the interior. Allow at least 12 hours for the glue to dry completely.
6. Bring the pot outdoors, and cover a work surface with the plastic bag. To avoid breathing or coming in contact with harmful vapors, wear the mask and gloves. Working in a well-ventilated area and holding the can of varnish spray 8 in from the pot, apply a very thin coat over the paper-covered areas. Do not saturate them or the colors may bleed. Let dry for 48 hours.
7. Place the glass container inside the flowerpot and fill with water. Add the flowers.